Date(s) - 06/11/2023 - 10/11/2023
Reno-Sparks Convention Center
As the only nationwide event of its kind and scale, the AFA Annual Convention brings farriers, veterinarians, suppliers and students together for four days of outstanding lectures and educational opportunities, the much-anticipated National Forging & Horseshoeing Competition (with a *new this year* Jackpot Class!), Certification workshops and testing, hands-on learning, and a robust MarketPlace that includes the top suppliers, retailers and manufacturers in the farrier industry!
Featured 52nd Convention Events & Festivities
- Lectures from Renowned Speakers
- 2023 National Forging & Horseshoeing Competition (with Draft Class and Open Jackpot Class!)
- The FIA MarketPlace: Where Farriers Learn, Connect & Shop!
- Certification Workshops & Tests
- Pre-Certification Hands-On Stations & Written Workshops
- Educational Roundtables
- AFA General Membership Meeting
- Grand Finale Reception including Awards & Certification Recognition
- Live & Silent Auctions
- Thursday night social featuring Flashbang the Band!
- *New This Year* Prepare to be wowed by our Open Jackpot Class!!
Educational Lectures and Demonstrations
- Jacob Butler, CJF, AWCF
- Danny Elliot, DipWCF
- Jake Engler, CJF
- Cody Franklin, CJF
- Steve Kraus, CJF
- Caleb Owens, CJF
- Jim Poor, CJF
- Derek Poupard, CJF, DipWCF
- Andy Reader-Smith, AWCF
- Dr. Ellen Staples, DVM, CJF
- Garrett Stark, CJF
- Mike Wharton, CJF
Jim Linzy Keynote Speaker: Aksel Vibe, AWCF
And more! Educational opportunities abound at Convention through “must see” events such as outstanding CF and CJF demonstrations by AFA Examiners, the 2023 American Farriers Team demonstration, hands-on instructional stations, written workshops, engaging and informative roundtables, certification testing opportunities, etc.
Get excited and then get engaged in all of our Convention events and festivities!
Certification Exams Offered
Must pre-register by October 27, 2023!
- Certification Workshop
- CF Shoe Display
- Certification Shoe Examination
- CF, CTF, CJF Written Exams
- TE and FE Examinations (See Certification page for deadlines)
CERTIFICATION RECOGNITION CEREMONY
Did you obtain an AFA Certification or Endorsement between July 1, 2022-June 30, 2023?
If so, please attend our Certification Recognition Ceremony at the Grand Finale Banquet Friday night! This event celebrates your achievement and dedication!
Thank You Host Chapters!
Western States Farriers Association, Farriers Association of Washington State, Oregon Farriers Association, and Southern Nevada Horseshoers Association
Click here to download a printed Convention Registration Packet [PDF].